Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Hydrating Foundation Review
Beauty Make-Up

Fenty Beauty PRO FILT’R Hydrating Foundation

February 20, 2020

When I saw everyone raving about the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Matte Foundation I got a little jealous, my dehydrated skin could never. Anything matte is a no go for me, so when Fenty brought out the Pro Filt’r Hydrating Foundation I was eager to try it. I’ve now been using it since last year and it’s become my go to foundation, if you watch my YouTube videos you will see I wear it all the time. So I thought it was about time I shared the love of my favourite foundation.


I’ve tried lots of foundations in the past that claim to be hydrating, spoiler they weren’t and I’ve only come close last year with Dior’s Forever Glow to finding something that was hydrating but also medium to full coverage. Ultimately it’s harder to produce a full coverage foundation when it isn’t matte, the formula I hear isn’t as easy to create. So I was pleasantly surprised at Fenty Pro Filt’r Hydrating from the minute I put it on. It’s medium to full coverage without being cakey or too thick and it has a dewy glow but still provides that coverage, which is the perfect combination for me.

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Hydrating Foundation Review


I like the design of the foundation, the tube let’s you get more out than a bottle would and it has it’s own pump which is great and convenient for travel. No fear of popping it in a make-up bag with the dreaded worry of it leaking everywhere. I apply it with a foundation brush, my favourite right now is the Zoeva buffer brush and then I also use a beauty blender to help blend it in. It goes on really easily and doesn’t need much blending to be honest.

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Hydrating Foundation 230 and 260 SwatchL 230, R 260


Rihanna really shook up the beauty world when she first launched the matte foundation in fifty different shades and the hydrating version comes in the same fifty shades, which I think is amazing. For a brand to be so inclusive and cater for all skin tones and shades it really makes you look at other beauty brands and wonder why they are not. As much as I love Chanel make-up their foundation only has eight shades. In Fenty I am the colour 230 which has a neutral undertone and I also tried 260 the next neutral shade up, on my hand it looks much darker but once on my face and blended it’s not too bad. Comparing the too I just felt it was too dark, more on the orange side and could possibly work in summer with a tan but I think 230 is my perfect colour.


This foundation is definitely for those that need a little hydration, so for the drier or dehydrated skins like myself. Normal skin would work easily, but it just depends whether you like a dewy glow look or matte. Oily skins of course I’d say stay clear and opt for the original matte version.

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Hydrating Foundation Review


This is my current favourite foundation and I don’t see that changing, I use it pretty much 95% of the time I do my make-up, with the other 5% being when I just opt for a CC cream or want to use up my other foundations I have. The coverage is the best I’ve come across in a dewy hydration foundation and the price is great, £27 for 32ml compared to the likes of other high end foundations for instance the Chanel Vitalumiere £40 or Dior Forever Glow £37. There are 50 shades to choose from, which is practically unheard of.  I would recommend this foundation to everyone, apart from those with oily skins of course.

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Hydrating Foundation is £27 and available now at Boots and Harvey Nichols.

This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we can receive a commission. 

You Might Also Like...

No Comments

    Leave a Reply