Ok so the weather has been pretty awesome lately and Murray is still in the game for tennis as I write this *fingers crossed*, so it’s the perfect excuse to have a Wimbledon style picnic! I’ve put together some essentials for a summer picnic, everything from the Lanson Wimbledon champagne to the basket, just look at that picnic basket, I never needed one and now I do! Whether you are in your back garden, the park or luckily on Murray Mount, enjoy your picnic with these must-haves.
1. Pimms Elderflower & Blackcurrant £16.00 is a twist on the original Pimms, perfect with lemon juice, orange juice, apple juice, sugar and a lemon slice for a refreshing cocktail. Lanson Black Label Brut Champagne Wimbledon Edition £33.99 comes complete with it’s own tennis ball jacket. These are the perfect picnic drinks. Both available at Ocado.com.
2. Every picnic needs a fun picnic blanket and this one is great for taking out into the garden or park as it has a waterproof backing and then the other side is a bright coloured fleecy pattern! £15 from Marks & Spencer.
3. You can’t watch the tennis without having a go yourself! These might be kids bats but you’ll sure have fun playing with them too. The set comes complete with two rackets and ball. Tennis Set £5.99 at Ocado.com.
4. I never needed a picnic basket until I saw this one! This luxury picnic hamper is made from a tawny willow for a vintage look and comes complete with plates, knives and forks, spoons, salt & pepper set, stainless steel bottle opener and of course wine glasses with holder. Available from John Lewis £100.
5. Kettle Crisps are an ultimate picnic choice. They have launched some new flavours for summer and these Lime & Black Pepper are delicious! Just like one of my favourites the black pepper although with the kick of lime, it’s a great addition to any food you bring for your picnic. £2.19 from Waitrose, Tesco & Sainsbury’s.
6. I came across these tumblers in Marks & Spencer last week and instantly loved them. These plastic beakers come complete with straw and I love the bright colours. They are thermal too with double walled acrylic to keep drinks cool, genius! £5 each at Marks & Spencer.
7. The perfect accompaniment to food on your picnic. These Filippo Berio oils are delicious, the Gran Cru range includes Toscano, Monti Iblei and Dauno. Each has their own unique taste, with Toscano having a ripe, sweet and fruity taste with a peppery finish. Iblei is made using Tonda Iblea olives and has an intense aroma, very like tomato leaves. Dauno is made exclusively from Ogliarola and Coratina olives, it’s tangy, aromatic and intense. My favourite has got to be the lblei it’s the perfect pairing for salads, try it with a Blood Orange salad. £10 each available from Tesco & Filiippo Berio online.